What are Rosehips?
Rosehips are the sweet-smelling and delicious fruit of the rose bush, and have been cherished by many for their health and beauty benefits. Our rosehips are certified organic, 100% raw cut & sifted, imported from Chile. In this recipe, the rosehips are steeped in water to make a tea.
What are Hibiscus Flowers?
Hibiscus flowers come from the hibiscus plant. These “flowers” are actually the part of the plant that protects the flower bud and supports the petals once it blooms. This part is dried and sifted, and is wonderful for making flavorful teas, jams, or even homemade soaps. It has a deep red color and tart, sweet, and fruity flavor. Our hibiscus flowers are certified organic, imported from Egypt. In this recipe, the hibiscus flowers are steeped in water with the rosehips to make a fruity, floral, aromatic tea!
Can I add sweetener to my hibiscus rosehip tea?
Absolutely! We think sweetening this drink with a little honey, sugar, or other sweetener of your choice would be wonderful in enhancing the flavors of this fruity bubble tea.
What kind of milk should I use?
For the “milk” in the “milk tea” part of this recipe, we used whole milk. However, any alternative milk you like would work fine too!
HIBISCUS ROSEHIP MILK TEA
VANILLA COLD FOAM
½ cup heavy cream
¼ cup 2% milk
2 tsp vanilla syrup
1. Cook dry tapioca pearls according to package directions; set aside.
2. Add hibiscus flowers and dried rosehips to ½ cup boiling water; stir in sweetener. Steep
for 5 minutes, then strain. Allow the tea to cool to room temperature.
3. Once the tea has cooled, add the milk; stir to combine.
4. Make the Vanilla cold foam: In a small bowl or glass jar, add the heavy cream, milk, and vanilla syrup. Using an electric whisk or electric mixer, whip the mixture until thick, about 1-2 minutes, then continue whipping until mixture turns foamy, about another 30 seconds – 1 minute. Be sure not to over-mix.
5. Divide the cooked tapioca pearls between two glasses. Add ice. Divide milk tea between the two glasses. Top each milk tea with vanilla cold foam; garnish with dried rose petals