The flavors of turmeric and ginger are swirled together to create a cool, creamy treat that’s a little earthy, a little sweet, and a little spicy! Serve on top of warm apple pie, or eat it straight from the carton.
What Is No-Churn Ice Cream?
No-churn ice cream is a method of making ice cream that doesn’t require any special equipment! Better yet, because it doesn’t involve the long process of churning like traditional ice cream, no-churn ice cream is super easy to make! No-churn ice cream is made simply by folding whipped cream into sweetened condensed milk, adding your mix-in’s and flavors, and freezing.
Tools For Making Turmeric Ginger Ice Cream:
- Electric mixer or whisk: for whipping the heavy cream to stiff peaks
- Grater: for grating fresh ginger
- Metal loaf pan: to freeze ice cream in. You may also use a glass pan, Tupperware, or old ice cream carton.
- Ice cream scoop: for the best part – serving and eating the ice cream!
1. In a large bowl using an electric mixer, whip heavy cream and vanilla, until stiff peaks form. Using a rubber spatula, fold in sweetened condensed milk.
2. Evenly separate ice cream mixtures into two bowls. To one, add turmeric powder; mix until combined. To the other, add ginger powder and fresh ginger; mix to combine.
3. In a loaf pan or glass container, begin layering the two flavors. Using a chopstick or knife, drag through the ice cream to create swirls. Cover and freeze at least 6 hours or overnight.